So how do you market your business in the modern environment?. With customers increasingly making use of internet and mobile technology, many of the traditional methods of marketing your business are becoming ineffectual.
With this in mind here are six top ideas to market your business successfully.
1. Mobile Devices. First you need to know why mobile devices are so important. In 2011, 37% of Australians used a smart phone, that figure has more than doubled by 2013. 74% of Australians do not leave home without their smart phone. 60% of smart phone users actually use search while they are in the store looking to buy to compare prices and get product information.
It is vitally important that your website is mobile friendly (responsive).
2. Video Marketing. Up to 90% of search traffic accesses some kind of video content and the Google owned YouTube accounts for almost 30% of all Google searches. Adding video to your website will enhance the enjoyment of your site for your visitors and will increase the probability of a sale.
You might use videos of people using your product, video testimonials from satisfied customers or even some simple informational video’s on how to use your product.
3. Social Media. There is no doubt that Social Media touches all of our lives. With literally millions of people accessing social media pages on a daily basis.
- Facebook – 13,200,000 users
- YouTube – 12,600,000 UAVs
But did you know 82% of customers trust a company more if they are involved with social media and 77% of people like getting exclusive offers that they can redeem via Facebook.
The main social media vehicles would be Facebook, YouTube, Linkedin, Twitter and Pinterest.
4. Content Marketing. As party of your website strategy you should incorporate a blog that provides regularly updated information for your customers and visitors. Content must be high quality and full of information that will benefit the reader. You can include video within your content and also link the article to your social media pages, therefore successfully linking all four of the tips listed so far. You can also make content marketing part of an email strategy.
5. Email Marketing. Despite the ongoing problems of email spam, email marketing is still a highly successful way of connecting with your prospects and customers. Obviously you cannot send heaps of unsolicited emails to unsuspecting people, but once you build a mailing list of people who trust you, you will discover that these people will purchase over 25% more often than people who just visit your site, plus they order 44% more value. Email marketing done properly and with respect for your customers, is still highly effective in increasing your sales.
6. Last but by no means least… despite the 2013 introduction of Google’s Penguin and Panda and Hummingbird, getting your site to the top of Google search is still one of the most effective methods of increasing your sales. The technical term for the process is Search Engine Optimisation (SEO) and incorporates work carried out on and off your site.
Each one of these tips will enhance your business success. They can also be linked into a overall strategic plan to increase your sales.